Monday, March 26, 2007

Late night rumors

The Cats Pause and at least 2 tv stations in Kentucky are reporting that UK has offered Billy Donovan a contract worth 3.5 million a year for 7 years. Some people are only saying this is a rumor while others are saying its a "done deal." I personally hope it happens, and I believe that it will (although I have no sources), but I don't think that Donovan has signed anything yet. He's going to coach Florida in the Final 4 this weekend.

Of course as soon as this story broke, there were some that said that it kills UK's hopes with Donovan. I guess these people are just naturally pessimistic, because if Billy wants to come to UK, this isn't going to stop him. It might give Florida a chance to up the contract, but I still think Kentucky will outbid Florida no matter what. If Florida matched this amount, Billy Donovan would make more than Urban Meyer, the Florida football coach. I don't see that happening at a school like Florida.

Hopefully Florida will just lose on Saturday, so we can all find out what is really happening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter