Tuesday, April 03, 2007

More SEC Coaching News

Kentucky still doesn't have a head coach, and there are more rumors now than ever. I've read that Donovan, Gillispie, Barnes, Izzo, Few, Crean, Pitino, and Pat Riley are all for sure coming to UK. That will be some staff. Somebody is going to be right with their rumors, but I still don't think anybody who is posting on a message board knows for sure.

Arkansas had a new coach for a day, but Dana Altman has already left to go back to Creighton. I know that there is pressure to succeed at Arkansas, but they have tons of fan support and always have a lot of talent. I really think that they could get a bigger name than Altman. I don't know why there aren't more coaches wanting to take that job. The SEC West is just waiting for a team to takeover.

I really want Donovan as the new coach, but if he doesn't come, Kentucky will still get a very good coach. If it's Barnes, then you get somebody who can recruit as good as anybody, and has been to a Final 4 since UK has. If it's Gillispie, then you get a coach who has made a terrible program into a contender, and would be great in the spotlight at UK. If Donovan doesn't come, then the fan base needs to support the new coach, and give them a fair chance. That means not judging after just 1 year.

Think about it this way. Tubby had 25 losses the last 2 years with teams that now have 2 players in the NBA. He has left the cupboard bare. I'm not trying to bash Tubby, because I really liked him, but the new coach isn't coming into a great situation personnel wise. Next year might be rough no matter who the coach is. I just hope the fans don't act the way that the media has made them out to be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter